Since 2016, Stars on 9 Dance Center brings to the Georgetown, Milton, Millsboro,
Lewes, Rehoboth, Milford, Seaford, Laurel and Dagsboro areas 30+ years of educational
expertise. We were the successful directors of Janet’s Dance Studio in NYC and Allegro
Dance Academy on the NJ shore.
Our graduating students have auditioned and been accepted to (most on scholarship) the
following Dance, Drama, Music & Art educational intuitions:
- School of American Ballet (Lincoln Center)
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre
- Joffrey Ballet Center
- Ballet Hispanico
- The Martha Graham School
Preparatory Arts Academies:
- Mark Twain Intermediate School for the Gifted & Talented
- La Guardia High School of the Performing (Lincoln Center)
- Camp Broadway
- Radio City Rockette Camp
Art Colleges & Universities:
- The Julliard School at Lincoln Center, NYC
- Broadway Dance Center, NYC – (Faculty: Adrian Wiltshire)
- Governor’s School, NJ
- Temple University, PA
- Marymount Manhattan College, NYC
- New York University, NYC
- University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- Camp Broadway
Every year (for almost 20 years,) dancers performed:
- With the New York City Ballet Company at Lincoln Center
- In Broadway shows and showcases
- At Walt Disney World in Florida
Students from our schools were invited to perform:
- At Radio City Music Hall, NYC
- At Madison Square Garden, NYC
- In the televised Macy’s NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade
There’s still time to join our Fun Dance classes at Stars on 9 Dance Center Children ~ Teens~ Adults
Why Choose Stars on 9 Dance Center
What Makes Stars on 9 Dance Center Different?
– We utilize a set syllabus for every level of every subject of every class. Therefore, students are progressing through
specific graded material with continual growth and learning opportunities.
- Children’s Grades: 7 levels of dancing “fun, discovery & creativity”
- Ballet: 16 levels designed specifically for children & teens (Royal Academy of Dance Syllabus)
- Tap: 21 levels of study
- Jazz: 8 levels of study
– All technique classes include barre work, center technique and traveling combinations.
– We teach the correct professional dance terminology.
– Students learn several classroom dances throughout the year (not just ONE Recital dance).
– Students enjoy opportunity to perform in a Spring Recital.
– Our friendly staff welcomes everyone to their family-friendly center.
Stars on 9 Dance Center offers creative Dance and Theatre Arts programs for the recreational and the vocational non-competitive student. By encouraging solid technique and nurturing positive life skills, we hope to inspire students through this discovery by:
- Instilling a spirit of joy and fueling the passion for dance and the Arts
- “Planting the seeds” of creative awareness and personal success
- Motivating students to grow as caring, productive and independent adults
Benefits of Dance
1. Dance keeps both the body and brain active, vital for people of every age.
2. Dance offers a way to improve strength and flexibility, keeping muscles and joints healthy.
3. Choosing to start a new hobby helps you meet new people and make friends with people with similar interests.
4. Dance helps you learn about your body, improving your posture, balance and strength.
5. Taking time out in the day to partake in a hobby helps reduce stress levels.
6. Dance offers insight into other cultures, either through the dance style itself or meeting new people.
7. Dance can lead to new career opportunities, and help build vital communications skills needed in every profession.
8. Participating in dance helps increase your self-esteem and confidence through mastering new skills.
9. Dance offers a creative outlet for people to express their personalities in a safe environment.
10. Dance offers a fun way to experience new possibilities, keep healthy and enjoy yourself.